Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Boy or Girl?




This was so much fun!! A friend of mine from church wanted a fun way to tell everyone what she was having. I made her this cake with blue icing in the middle. The cake said, "Oh happy day. A baby is on the way. Slice into the cake to see what the doctor did say." It was a blast. Especially because she wore a pink shirt in and told everyone it was a girl - just to throw them all off. Then she cut into the cake and showed everyone the slice. Everyone got so excited and had a blast.
I wanted to make it look a little better than this, but I didn't even have an hour to pull it all together. I made the cake and the buttercream the night before. She called me after school and told me what the doctor said. I rushed home to color the icing and make the fondant then put it all together.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

McCarty and Company said...

YOU ARE AN AMAZING CAKE ARTIST!!! Thank you for sharing your talent. I was introduced to your site, by a comment on Heather Rickman's Facebook site.

McCarty and Company said...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home this is my facebook site. ;-)

Cakes by Delilah said...

Thank you so much! I have a lot of fun creating them. Although, I have to give God all the glory. He is the one that gave me the ability!