Sunday, April 11, 2010

It is that time again!



The sixth grade at my school is celebrating the end of their book study of Great Expectations. Each year they dress up as characters from the book and have a party. I have had the privilege of making this cake for the past two years and have been asked to make it for a third time. I try to keep them a little similar, but make them look a little different each year. I am sad that I wasn't able to put any candy rats on the cake and hope that the students have some candy gummy worms to add to it a little. This year, I wanted to make it look like it was really going to fall over. I put a little green food coloring in the cake batter to make it look old and moldy and also made the icing in between each layer green! So much fun!!! You can't mess up this cake. That is what is so fantastic about it!!!

No comments: