Friday, January 9, 2009

Cupcake Cake Topper



I had so much fun making this cake. I used several different ideas and combined them. The Pink Cake Box gave me the idea for the cupcake on top of the cake with the whimsy number one design. I got the idea for the smooth fondant from The Baked Creation. I loved how simple their technique was. Then I decided to try the new sleek bows instead of the big party ones I have been using.
The cake is white cake with buttercream icing and is covered in marshmallow fondant.
Happy Birthday little Anna!! I hope your first birthday was wonderful!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this cake and think I want one for my nephew! I sent you a message on myspace about it!

Dollar General said...

I LOVE IT!! I was thinking the same thing! MARY!!! HELLO!

AND...can that top part be the "cake" she digs into by herself? That is the cutest thing!! LOVE IT!

I miss you friend! Love you!

Cakes by Delilah said...

I will definitely make this one for Mary!! And yes, Anna ate the cupcake on top! She got the whole thing all to herself!! I miss you too! Call me soon!!