Saturday, October 18, 2008

birthday cakes

Chocolate cake with buttercream icing.Good ole Tigger!

R2D2


My best friend's son had a bowling party so only bowling pins would do!



Batman Cake: buttercream icing with fondant decorations.


Who doesn't love Scooby Doo! I used my airbrush machine on this one. It is also covered in buttercream icing.





I just started using the air brush machine. My goal was for everything to just look smooth and not blotchy.


This was my second attempt on making fondant bows. I had a lot of fun making this cake!

When I started carving cakes, I started simple. I used buttercream icing, my airbrush machine and some fondant for the wheels and axels.

This cake was for my boss at school. It was my first attempt at making fondant bows. When she got the cake, she made the 5 look like a 3. She didn't want to admit that she was turning 50!



My sweet sister-in-law celebrated her birthday this year and she picked this cake out. It is buttercream icing with fondant decorations.


This is my second attempt on carving a cake. This was my first attempt at layering colors using the air brush machine. It was completely covered in fondant. It took me awhile to finish it, but it was worth every minute. I learned so much.

No comments: