Sunday, October 19, 2008

For Aidan!

My nephew just turned two. We were going to have a party for
him a few weeks ago, but the Friday before the big day he ended
up having to have some surgery. So my family finally got together
today and I was able to make him this cake. I found my inspiration on
my favorite cake blog: The Pink Cake Box. It looks so much better
than this, but I have a lot to learn. I am still very happy with the
way it turned out. My nephew loves to play with bouncy balls so as a
gift, I filled the dump truck up with all kinds of them. I ended up buying too
many. The ones that wouldn't fit in there ended up being his favorite!
Happy Birthday little guy!
The fondant that I make is really soft. So I am doing an experiment
to see how long it needs to air dry to do the things I would like to do.
For example, the cake I was imitating had the back of the dump truck lifted
off the cake in dumping mode. The fondant was too soft so I couldn't do that.
I will see if I can fix it or I might have to find a new recipe.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girlfriend, these cakes are so FABULOUS!!!!!!! You are a natural and need to make this full time! My friends are so gosh darn talented! I love you!