Saturday, October 18, 2008

Misc.

A teacher at school requested a wedding cake. As you can see there were special instructions. It needed to look 40-50 years old and be crawling with little nasties. I put little spider webs on it with spiders all over it. There are candy mice crawling on and in it. The students later added the gummy worms. I also added green food coloring to the butter cake so when they cut into it, it looked molded. What can I say, YUM!! Okay, not so much!
My best friend was having a cake walk at her church's fall festival. She requested a pumpkin cake. I did my best!


A friend of mine is a teacher and she teaches a unit about Egypt. At the end of her unit she presented her class with an Egyptian pyramid filled with chocolate goodies! They loved it! This is butter cake with buttercream icing sprinkled with brown sugar.

This cake was for my in-laws anniversary. I had never made a three layered cake before. Needless to say, I learned my lesson with this one. I did make each layer a different flavor-white, chocolate, and strawberry.


This was one of my first attempts using my cake overhead projector. The next cake I made had ballerina slippers in each corner and the words in the middle. You learn something new with each cake you make.

4 comments:

Dollar General said...

Let me just say...there is one missing! The Dollar Favorite...

The Mermaid...

Loved by all!! She needs to be on here and don't make me send you the picture I have of her!!

And Jason and I thought of a name for the cakes...I'll email it to you...You will get a laugh! Let's just say we think it should be called Hootens - Doesn't sound funny but it is!! I PROMISE!! I won't ruin my witness on your blog!

Cakes by Delilah said...

You know one of the reasons why I love you is because you always make me smile! I can't wait to hear the story behind the new cake name!

Cynthia said...

HAHAHA...the Mermaid! What fun was had by all that night. Even the server who was...clueless.

When I saw your in-laws cake I wondered who they are. LOL...ME!!! I'm such a ditz. No wonder I loved the Mermaid so much.

All the cake are wonderful. You are the best! Put Sarah's wedding cake on here, too.

I love you!!!

Unknown said...

I know this is an old post, but Grant still talks about how good the Egyptian pyramid cake was from second grade. He has asked me to find out how to make it a few times. :)