Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chrysanthemum Cake

This cake has a pretty cool story to it. I don't tell stories that well, but here it goes:
Last month I received an email requesting a cake. The lady that emailed me was from Texas, but throwing a baby shower here in Birmingham. I was very curious to find out how she found me. It turns out that her mother did a google search for specialty cakes and sent her several websites to choose from. I was very excited because she chose me!!
Well, when I delivered the cake, I ran into a girl that I knew from college. Turns out, she was related to the sweet girl that ordered the cake. Her mother even knows my brother-in-law.
Such a small world!!!


The top layer is white cake and the bottom layer is chocolate. It is iced with buttercream and decorated with marshmallow fondant.

No comments: