Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cookies?

I know, I know....My blog says cakes by Delilah! So why is there a post with cookies? Well, the fourth grade at Evangel has a Medieval Feast to celebrate all of their hard work (they study this time period). In the past they have had some really cute cookies in the shape of crowns, shields and fleur de lis'. Since I like to decorate, one of the teachers asked me to make them 90 cookies. I figured decorating a cookie wouldn't be too different than decorating a cake. Besides, I have always wanted to try the flooding technique. I am glad that I did this because I had so much fun!! I can't wait to try other designs.

Here are some of my results. I will say that if they ask me to make some next year I will rotate the color of the dam around the cookie and the color of the flooded icing. I like that look better.

No comments: