Friday, March 27, 2009

I love Lucy!

This is my first request for an "I love Lucy" cake. At first I was not sure about how I was going to decorate it. There were not very many ideas on the net so I just googled "I love Lucy." I found the traditional heart with the logo, but I wanted to do something a little more. Then I found this picture of her. I thought I would give it a try. After all, if it didn't work, I could always go to the fall back option and put the heart on top of the cake.


This is what I found.


This is what I came out with.
I don't think it is too bad considering I have
never put a face on a cake before (second time
if you count General Grievous).



I even added the hearts around the side.

The cake is chocolate with buttercream icing. The hearts are made out of marshmallow fondant.

1 comment: