Saturday, March 7, 2009

Great Expectations


The sixth grade at Evangel reads the book - Great Expectations. After their study, they have a party. They choose a character from the book and dress up. Their teacher asked me to make a wedding cake that was really old and never eaten. (The reason for the old cake is explained in the book...you will have to read it to find out why. I won't ruin it for you!) She supplied me with candy rats and I just had fun decorating it. I know the cake looks gross, but it is supposed to!! I even colored the cake batter green to make it look moldy! The students loved it! My favorite part is the rat coming out of the cake....look real close on the top tier! Over to the right...this little guy ate his way through the side and was working his way out of the top!! Just in case you can't see it, here is a close up.

No comments: