Tuesday, March 31, 2009

RipStik Cake



I was super excited when a mom of one of my old students called and asked me to make his birthday cake. He requested a RipStik. If you do not know what one is, it is a new kind of skateboard. Instead of four wheels, it has two and you can maneuver it by twisting each side in opposite directions. They are really neat, but I'm sure I would break a leg or twist an ankle if I tried to ride one.

After I got the request, I did some research online and found some pretty good pictures to inspire me. I am really happy with the way it turned out. Of course, I have a few ideas to improve my design....If I am asked to make another one, I want to put wheels under it and have each side of the RipStick twisted opposite of each other.

Happy Birthday Luke!! I hope your day was great!!!!

The cake is chocolate with buttercream icing and covered in marshmallow fondant.

No comments: